Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shelly Checking in!!!! Finally!



























Hello everyone,

I am Shelly Neave, I am a Graphic/Web Designer based in the UK! I have travelled much of the world and will hopefully be travelling through the journey of this Collaboration!

My book is going to be a bakers dozen of your favourite recipes! It is based on a book called Girlosophy "REAL GIRLS EAT" If you can check this out online, you will see the exciting direction i want my book to take!

My book will explore not just that persons favourite, or fun recipe but themselves, it can be an adventure in what food means to you! You may have had a bad experience or know of someone who has, it can portray you fight against this problem or a great family picnic you may always have. A christmas dinner or BBQ! Any memory or just an experimentation! It could be an experience you shared with your children documenting each stage?? I took many courses whilst in Asia so it maybe a revisit on my cookery class? I also experienced Thankgiving in US so it maybe a spread of how important this day is to them, with a Recipe of Grandma's famous Yams!

It can have a step by step guide with Photos, drawings and Typography etc.

This is just to get you thinking, i will take some pics of the Girlosophy book to give you some more ideas! I love the book so much, that i wanted to do a similar book, with my own recipes and yours. I hope you all don't mind?

The Girlosophy series of books are packed full of colourful stories, anecdotes, illustrations, affirmations, meditation tips, recipes, information and advice on how to navigate your way through life, love, food, health and everything that’s important.

I hope this is a good theme and you will enjoy it! The first two pics are of my recipe book! The next two of the real girls eat book!


Thankyou, Shelly

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    Mmmmm yummy!!! As I write this comment I am smelling the most wonderful smell.... of some steaks on our brand new 'Weber' BBQ....and as you know here in Oz there is (almost) nothing better than that!
    It will be great finally getting your book Shelly, as it will be full of wonderful recipes, positive commments and hints about living a full and creative life!!! Love the typewritten text!
    Love Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly, I look forward to getting your book - My mind is already wondering what yummies I will add for you & I might even try to remember what little funnies my kids have done & said over the dinner table, Olley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly! This looks like lots of fun! In our house there are 4 men for 3 cooked meals a day (plus little me!) So I might have to add some 'orphanage sized' food information!! Though, as I write, I'm thingking that has little to do with 'girls eat'...I spend soo much more time cooking than eating!!!

    Looking forward to your book getting to me!
    Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't have to have anything to do with "girls eat" Just go with wherever your mind takes you! Have fun x

    ReplyDelete