Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Running Hot tonight!!

Hi again!
Just thought I would put up Lindesay's theme......

Dear Book Collaborators,

My name is Lindesay & here are a few things about me & my book.
I had a career in television for 35 years as a producer/director at the ABC making music, arts & education programs. A great time – stimulating, stressful & fulfilling. Since leaving the ABC in 2001, my ‘third age’ has been occupied with many & varied activities:
- Theatre workshops & performances
- Occasional video production & teaching
- Lots of art/craft short courses
- gardening (my main job – 3 or 4 days a week)
I also enjoy cooking, keeping fit, playing piano & regular dance classes.

The Book
Its theme/subject/title is A Face in the Crowd – A ‘rap’ monologue that neatly divides into 12 segments.
It came out of a workshop I attended about 3 years ago where I saw some young people improvising rap-style on topics thrown at them by the teacher. I used the form to write down some ideas, and then found some backing music, put together a costume, worked out some moves & eventually performed it in a group show at the 2008 Melbourne Comedy Festival. Here is the synopsis –

Mr ‘Anonymous’ is the hapless victim of the information overload in a consumer society. He finds solace in the imagery of his dreams.

I hope you enjoy exploring the piece in its new medium –
- The book is A4 size with blank pages of white cartridge paper
- The complete monologue is typed out on the first two pages followed by a sign-on page with numbers 1-12 listed
- Choose any segment you like for your work – sequential order is not necessary
- Blank page openings are preceded by the number & text of each verse/segment. (Illustrate this page if you like)

Best wishes from Lindesay.

No comments:

Post a Comment