Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bower Bird Studio


What a lovely couple of weeks it's been!! We've worked hard (Bruce and I with some welcome help from friends, Tamara and Amanda), we've shifted boxes, plan drawers, drafting tables, suitcases etc etc.... I've spent hours of enjoyment sorting and storing lots of interesting bits and pieces, (and sometimes re discovering long lost fantastical 'things', like my crocodile teeth, puppet heads, marbles, seed pods, old bits of upholstery fabric and a couple of 'Brownie camera's), then many more hours deciding where to store these collections of oddments.......then we've enjoyed a lovely family Christmas break of a few days at home.......also it's been raining!!!! lovely!!!!!






Now finally I'm 'moved in' to the new studio.....the first artists to work in Bower Bird Studio were two young nieces and our two Grandchildren......with lots of chatter, laughter, cutting and gluing, they all created some beautiful 'postcard shrines'..........I also enjoyed a couple of hours there on my own yesterday!!

I plan to work on Tracey's "Journeys" book tomorrow! Tracey the book you have created is very beautiful! I am excited about the prospect of creating my pages within this special book.

I trust you have all enjoyed a peaceful and fun
Christmas with those who are close to you!
Peta
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. OMG! Looks SOOO gorgeous! Well Done. Cant wait to visit. Really Fabulous. You two are such magicians! love donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna!!! It will be absolutely lovely to have you here again sometime.....I'm looking forward to spending many memorable times with my friends in 'Bower Bird Studio'! love Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peta,
    Well done, the studio looks fantastic and a really open feel about it too looking at the photo's. Love the name too.
    So happy for you....watch out 2010 you a ready to create in a BIG way :)
    Enjoy - Happy New Year dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kym! Great to hear from you again!! Thanks for your postive comments re Bower Bird Studio....Maybe you will have a spare day or so to come and visit and 'play around' in it in 2010.......May 2010 be all you want it to be in every creative way!! love Peta :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have one too?!!! Peta, what a great space - looks like a fantastic place to sneak off to and 'play'! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peta the space you and Bruce have created looks sooooo inviting. Also looks easy to use which is fantasic for the creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be fantastic to have you creating in it with me Tamara!! See you tomorrow for our Gladstone trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmm....makes me think I have no excuse not to clean up my studio...I could make it look a lot more inviting. Great peek at your new space Peta....looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete