Sunday, December 6, 2009

Helen's "Bris-Khamen" Book







This was fun! I really enjoyed coming up with another part of the 'story' for Helen's book...I find the books more and more interesting, as each one has more work in it as they come to us!

I used some black Xpandaprint paint around the borders here - it's a bit like puff paint, but matte, and once I had heated it to puff it up, I rubbed it with gilding wax to pick up the highlights in the texture. I really wouldn't have imagined that my collection of old "Cowboys & Indians" magazines would have been helpful for this book...but there were wonderful photos of turquoise beads and jewelry...just perfect for the Kings ear-rings!! Sorry about the shiny patches in the photos...nothing I did helped tone them down!

Who Am I? I Am Who? is waiting for my attention next - it is a very cool book with the most interesting self portraits...awesome!

5 comments:

  1. Tracey, absolutely fantastic! love the ear-rings and the puff paint.....fantastic story from what I could read. This book is really amazing, the images are so rich, the story so in the here and now and also in the past, it's such fun to weave the two together....Helen, I think you will really enjoy the text and images that your fellow collaborators have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peta! This one was so much fun...but then they have all been fun! This just keeps getting better! The story that is unfolding on Bris-Khamen is a hoot though! And I loved your page in this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a response to this...and somehow it wasnt posted...and I now see, most of my other posts havent been posted either. Dont know why.
    Anyway, thank Tracey...it looks great.... I am so looking to see what is happening with the story! Should be fun.. I love King Tut's earrings... how cool are they!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeously rich looking book. cant wait to see them all and really get a good look at them! Well done Tracey!
    Helen, a lot of my comments dont get to be published either. i worked out a little while ago that you have to keep pressing 'post comment' and see it all the way thru! all the best, donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently communing with my page waiting for it to tell me its new story. I love what everyone has done with their pages so far!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete