Monday, December 14, 2009

Moving In!!!!!

I'm on holidays and I'm moving on into my studio!! It's a very exciting time, as well as somewhat exhausting! I am calling my studio, "Bower Bird Studio", those of you who know me fairly well, will, I think agree that it is an apt name!
While I move in the large amounts of boxes, suitcases and crates, Bruce, my fantastic resident carpenter and husband, continues to fit cupboards, build benchtops and shelves, install sinks etc All this in temperatures in the mid 30's with the usual humidity that Central Queensland is famous for! Fortunately the studio is reasonably cool as we have insulated it all around and there is usually a cool sea breeze blowing through the louvre windows.

We are working to a deadline to have everything moved out of the former studio, which is really our two bedroom guest cottage, before this Thursday, this is when our daughter, Brooke and our two grandchildren arrive to spend a few weeks with us over the Christmas break! There's nothing like a deadline to keep one moving along!

What is everyone else doing?? Is anyone travelling over the Christmas break?
Don't forget that you are expected to have only one book for December and January, I'm pretty sure that you will all enjoy a small break from the collaboration, this will give you some extra time to attend all thoses social functions with family, friends and work mates! We stard round nine at the beginning of February! This means that you should be starting on your ninth book, tenth if you count your own!

Enjoy your Christmas, may it be happy, merry, creative and full of good times! Keep safe whether you are travelling or not! And may 2010 be all you wish it to be.

Peta
xxx

Where will it all go??!!! Stay tuned for more photos.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Peta! It looks really FABULOUS! How exciting! Looks like you have LOADS of room for all your bits and bobs. Cant wait to see it. looks very airy and bright too. Lucky Duck!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great space Donna!! I'm pretty excited!! I'm still unpacking and finding the 'best' spot for each treasure.....think I'll have it organised by Friday....then I'll turn my attention to cleaning up and reorganising the guest cottage!! We will have lots of space to play in next time you stay :-))
    How was the opening of Drawing Breath? I'm looking forward to hearing about it. xx

    ReplyDelete