Friday, January 1, 2010

Journeys - Tracey's Book

My pages in Tracey's gorgeous book is an altered 'Kid's Trail' activity fold out that I picked up at the Qld Art Gallery whilst on a recent trip to Brisbane. The pages are titled 'Bloodline Only', as the trip was with my two sisters, brother and mum. I have altered some of the original images by overlaying with photocopy tape transfers after using coloured gesso and white pen to journal with. I also printed some of the photos I took whilst on this trip onto transparency film and have overlaid these onto other images in the fold out. Maps and pieces of ephemera I picked up whilst in Brisbane have also found themselves a home in this fold out.






One of the highlights of the trip, (which involved visiting art galleries and the State Library), was the viewing of a number of Artists' Books. One of the books we viewed was Helen's 'Around Brisbane' Artists' Book, a very gorgeous and interactive book, made up of pages from a Brisbane Road Map book with transfers of photographs that Helen took through the window of a car whilst driving around Brisbane!



The Journeys book was the first piece of art created by me in my new studio! The first artists to use the studio were my grandchildren!
Peta
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Peta...I love this! It's very special...As with all of them - I can't wait to see it for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. peta! this is truly amazing work!! i agree with Tracey am really looking fwd to seeing it for real...the studio devas look like theyve moved in already...having the kids work there would bring nice energy. oh, and i love the new format for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracey and Donna! Journeys was a delight to work on, I have used some simple techniques along with some of the bits and pieces of ephemera I collect whilst on my 'journey'. It will be very exciting and very special when we all finally get our own books returned to us!!
    Donna, Bower Bird Studio certainly does have a wonderful feeling of creative energy within it's walls....as well sometimes quite a serene calmness....I am hoping that you will both be able to visit sometime and join me in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peta what you have done in Journey's feels warm and the technique very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Peta... Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh as well, Jen

    ReplyDelete