Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's February!! The beginning of Round Nine!

Howdy Altered Book Artists!

Long time no speak! I'm wondering how you are now we have hit the end of January.....Have you recovered from the Christmas and New Year festivities? Have you settled back into some sort of normal routine?!
Bruce and I have been back at work for 3 weeks now. It was wonderful to have a few weeks break from our routine!
Tomorrow is the 1st of February which marks the beginning of Round nine of our collaboration, which means we should be sending off the book/s that we have had over the December/January period.....and receiving a new book! - this is something I always find exciting!!

So, I would like to take this opportunity to check which books each of you still have to complete. I have kept some records, however, I have a few gaps.....could you please run your eyes over the list below and let me know if I am correct in my records?

Shelly you still have 3 books to complete: Journeys, Optimism and Out of my Studio?
Kristin you still have 3 to complete: Optimism, Journeys and Anon is a Woman?
Nanette you still have 5 books to complete: A Face in the Crowd (which you have almost completed!), Faerytales, Journeys, Annon is a Woman and TutenKhamen's Tomb?
Donna you still have 4 books to complete: A Face in the Crowd, Faerytales and Journeys and Tutenkahem's Tomb?
Tracey you still have 4 books to complete: While You were Sleeping, Who Am I?, A Face in the Crowd and Faerytales?
Tamara you still have 5 books to complete: Optimism, Cabinets of Curiosity, While You Were Sleeping, Face in the Crowd and Who Am I?
Lindesay you still have 4 books to complete: Paintbox colours, Tutenkhamen's Tomb. While You Were Sleeping and Who Am I? ?
Olley you still have 4 books to complete: cabinets of Curiosity, Paintbox colours, Tutenkhamen's Tomb and While You Were Sleeping?
JacQ you still have 5 books to complete: Anon is a Woman, Out of My Studio, Cabinets of Curiosity, Paintbox Colours and Tutenkhamen's Tomb?
Helen you still have 4 books to complete: Out of My Studio, Real Girls Eat, Cabinets of curiosity and Paintbox colours?
Jenny you still have 3 books to complete: Optimism, Out of My Studio and Real Girls Eat?
and finally I still have 3 books to complete: Optimism, Out of my Studio and Real Girls Eat - correct!!

A REQUEST FROM NANETTE: Nanette as the organiser of the wonderful 'Wrapt in Rocky', has asked us if we would like to have our Altered books displayed during the week long 'Wrapt in Rocky'.??? I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to show off our books to other artists. Please let me know if you are willing to allow your books to be displayed during this forum. The dates of the forum are: 25th of June to 1st of July 2010.

ALSO would anyone be interested in another opportunity for our books to be displayed and also for us to all come together to explore the books, meet each other and enjoy a collaboration celebration???!!!! All this will be possible over the weekend of 23 - 25 September 2010 in Brisbane
this weekend marks the beginning of a week long exhibition, "Uncharted Depths" that Nanette and I (as well as Amanda Lowjen from a previous collaboration) are having at the Circle Gallery........Kristin has expressed an interest in hosting this momentus event......how many people would be interested in this idea at this time of the year????

I have certainly given you all a lot to think about.....I'm looking forward to hearing back from everyone!!

Happy and creative days!!

Peta

No comments:

Post a Comment