Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who Am I?

These are my pages in Olga's book - which is becoming a most fascinating collection of visual biographies! There's some paint, stamps, collage, writing, drawing, silk paper, a glass bubble, stickers, even some little doors that open to reveal just a little more! Once again - I had lots of fun. I say that every time - and it's true, but what's also true is that before I get to the having fun bit, I can be paralysed with fear and lack of inspiration!! That part's not fun! But, thanks to the beautiful encouragement of my fellow collaborators, I am growing more confident as the books keep coming! Thank you all...


4 comments:

  1. Your pages are Beautiful Tracey!! Thanks for sharing your process with us...sometimes it feels we are the only one going through it. but i bet everyone in this collaboration goes through a similar process.even though it doesnt feel fun, in those 'stuck' times, i reckon it is totally essential to get the artist from a to b. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, thanks for your beautiful creativity! You are you! and indeed a very vibrant and competent artist! I love the colours you have used - they simply sing!! You certainly hit the nail on the head with your comments about'being paralysed with fear' at times. I think for me there is some of this, mixed in with a weird kind of excited stirring of my creativity. After a while the 'frozen' feeling subsides and is replaced by an overload of ideas..... finally I settle on a direction (which isn't always followed according to my initial plan) then I move into a frenzy of creativity and much enjoyment as the pages begin to transform and the 'story' shows itself....phew,!! sorry to be so long winded!! I must have needed to get that off my chest! Thanks again for sharing some of your process Tracey. xxPeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you lovely things! And Peta...your description fits my experience almost exactly! I so enjoy the sharing we can do with this blog - it adds another whole dimension to this already wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages Tracey and identify with the scary bit at the start. I think it's the scary bit that makes the process so much more exciting cos each time we move forward we conquer yet another fear. It happens over and over again... like an addiction. I love the colours you have used and the shape of your doors suggest to me something revered and revealed. Beautiful! Jen

    ReplyDelete