Thursday, April 22, 2010

There IS Gold at the End of a Rainbow

Hi Collaborators!!

I hope you are all beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel....it’s hard to believe that we began the ABC almost 12 months ago....I’ve just looked back on my emails to see that I sent you all a welcome email on the 6th of April 2009........as I said it’s hard to believe that 12 months have marched by!!
I think most of you will be completing your last book or two this month.
Helen has just completed her last books which were Jens “Paintbox Colours” and my “Cabinets of Curiosity”,
I believe that Donna is onto her last book which is Tamara’s “Fractured Faerytales”,
Tracey have you finished your last book??
Shelly has two to go, “Kristen’s “Out of my Studio” and Nanette’s “Optimism”,
Jen has two to finish, Kristen’s “Out of my Studio” and “Cabinets of Curiosity”,
Olley you must be on the downhill run too, with Helen’s “Tutenkhamen’s Tomb” and JacQ’s “While You were Sleeping” to complete?
Lindesay, I think may have 2 or 3 to complete? Helens, JacQ’s and Olley’s books?
Nanette, I know you mentioned to me a couple you are waiting on to complete, but I can’t for the life of me remember which they were??
Kristin, I know you have a couple still to complete, no doubt you have your hands full with your three boys! Congratulations on the birth of Marley!
Tamara is also nearly finished, with “Optimism”, “Cabinets of Curiosity” and “face in the Crowd” to complete,
JacQ I’m pretty sure that you have 2 remaining, “ Donna’s “Anon is a Woman” and Helen’s “Tutenkhamen’s Tomb”
And finally I have two to complete, “Optimism” and “Out of my Studio”
Phew, that’s a lot of books and a lot of really fantastic artists!! All of you have almost worked in each and every book!

My goal is of course that all twelve books will be completed before the end of May, but being realistic this may not be possible.......so what I am proposing is that whatever book we each have, whether it is completed or not, it needs to be received by the originating artist on or before Monday the 24th of May. This will allow each artist at least a few weeks to savour and explore their book before sending it to me to arrive by 21st of June in readiness for the Wrapt in Rocky Exhibition, which begins on the 25th of June.

For the Wrapt in Rocky exhibition, Nanette has asked each of us to write a short paragraph, (say 120 – 150 words), about our experience of the collaboration and a paragraph (probably about the same amount of words, 120 – 150), about the theme of your book (most of you provided this with your book as well as at the beginning of the collaboration via email, which I have saved to my computer if you would like to use the same description. Most of you incorporated a brief introduction to yourselves in your original descriptions, I think including something similar would be ideal. The above can be emailed to me and I will undertake the job of creating them in the same font and putting them onto an A4 sheet backed with foam core, to be displayed next to your book.

So important dates to remember are:

· 24th of May 2010 All books to be back in the hands of the originating artist
· 21st of May 2010 All books to be in my hands ready for the exhibition
I will send your books back within a couple of weeks of the conclusion of Wrapt in Rocky (which means by 19th of July unless a prior arrangement has been made with me.

I have attached a list of collaborators and their addresses just in case you are sending back to a different person than you would normally send to!

I am certainly keen for another collaboration....I have some ideas on the drawing board which I will share with you all in good time. Most of you seem keen to participate in another collaboration! Just wondering what timelines might suit you? Eg approx. starting date, how long to have to work on a book, also whether 12 artists are a good number or perhaps we could work in smaller groups? I welcome any feedback and ideas!!!

Let me know if you are experiencing any problems or stress with the above timelines and we will work something out.

Also would love to hear from each of you as you receive your book back!

Creatively yours,
Peta

No comments:

Post a Comment