Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jen Conde's Paint Box - the end




I think I must be the last person to do this book, and the last two pages were unfilled, so it was appropriate the poem from which we were to choose a piece thereof to work with, had a happily ever after ending that I could place neatly at the end of the book. this was very satisfying. Its a different process I find being the last person to finish a collaborative altered book...as opposed to the first person. The pages that have been completed talk to you as much as the artists requests for what she wants for her book. Its an enriching experience all up, and I wouldn't have missed the process of working on all these books this past year and a bit.
There are some great pages in this book , and I think you will love to see it all Jen. Its interesting to see how people have worked in a blank book. It is delightful how everyone's personality comes through on their pages.

2 comments:

  1. wow Helen, your pages are amazing! Lovely image of an elderly couple, with an amazing orange on the lefthand page. Jen will indeed enjoy receiving her book back very soon!
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it Helen. Its an amazing thing to see your own book after so long, I had forgotten all the bits and pieces and love every page that has been added since it left my studio. For my first collaboration, this will be hard to beat. It has been a joy to work with such a group of talented and supportive artists. Jen

    ReplyDelete