Thursday, November 19, 2009

Journeys by Tracey Hewitt



This is my page for Tracey Hewitt's book Journeys. I forgot to photograph my page before I worked on it...so I took a quick pic of the next page. The book is full of interesting burned edged map pages. I have pretty much obliterated my map with gesso, but you can see a trace of it, almost like an aerial view of the landscape. Over this I have painted cloud like shapes...and then worked over it with collaged figures, found feathers which I have stitched onto the pages...apologies to the page before and after, both luckily unworked so they can incorporate the small stitches of linen thread. I was working with surreal inexplicable dreams that take you on mystifying journeys when I created this page.

3 comments:

  1. Dreams do take us on journeys..... l like your interpretation of this surreal dream. I especially like the use of stitching, I wonder if I'll be one of the artists to use the other side of one of your pages?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work again Helen! i accidently received this book first and lo and behold! there was my actual street in it! so i 'bagsed' it! looks like another lovely book...i'm on the 'who am i i am who'...lots of food for thought with this one.
    happy creating! love donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely soft work Helen. I have 'Journeys' now. It is a very special book, Jen

    ReplyDelete