Thursday, November 5, 2009

From Peta's desk

I thought I would send an email to find out how things are going in the Altered Book world!! This date seemed an appropriate one to write to you all, as it was on this day in 1922 that Tutenkhamen's grave was discovered!! So as Helen's book "Tutenkhamen's Bris-khamen Tomb" does the rounds we each find more out about
Tutenkhamen as well as each other! I was thrilled to see Helen's book again recently when Donna brought it with her on her visit to Rocky....it's spilling out of it's pages with all sorts of interesting 'artyfacts'...a very clever and entertaining book!

Also of course we have entered another month in our Altered Book Collaboration calendar.....Round Seven has begun!! Where are you all up to? On the whole I believe everyone is fairly well 'on track'....however I'll still ask the question I always ask: "which book do you currently have?" and "are there any issues or difficulties arising for anyone?"
I really do enjoy and appreciate the feedback that these two questions create!

News
From time to time I glean snippits of news from some of you so thought I would share these with all of you:
Olley congratulations on your recent successes at the Brigalow art Exhibition, your consistency, effort and creativity have reaped you some well deserved and affirming acknowledgment of your skills and abilities!
Donna I wish you and your fellow collaborators all the best for your exhibition 'Drawing Breath' which opens on the 11th of December at the Tweed River Art Gallery.
Nanette Congratulations on the wonderful brochure and 'almost up' web site for the 2010 fibre and textiles forum 'Wrapt in Rocky' This event will be another credit to you! Your organisational and negotiating skills are first class. I am already planning my year around this event!
Jen you have a 'significant' birthday coming up on November 13th...live it up at your party! I'll be toasting you from Toad Hall!!
Shelly is off to another adventure in South America very soon, may all the means of transport you use and the sea, sky and roads you travel upon be safe and filled with fun and new experiences!
What other news have I missed?? It would be lovely to hear any of the special, significant and interesting news that I'm sure you all have!

Before I send this off into the land of email I'd like to thank you for the contributions that keep popping up on the blog. To me, having the blog has brought the collaboration alive! I am enjoying the comments and explainations that accompany the photos of your pages I feel as if I know you all a little bit more as the collaboration progresses.
Posted by Picasa
Take care one and all,
Peta

6 comments:

  1. Is that really you behind the red glasses and matching lips Peta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm....yep it is!! I was all dressed (and made up) for my youngest daughters wedding...it's certainly not usual for me to have lippy on, however my girls insisted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes your eyes look really blue. i love this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks donna, i really like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. peta is there a list on the plan for the books..in other words which one i'm to get next etc...on the blog somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great suggestion donna, i'll see what i can do about putting a list up..... peta

    ReplyDelete