Sunday, November 22, 2009

Anon is a Woman

What an enjoyable postcard this was to alter! As it happened Donna phoned me to have a chat at the very moment I was working on it! And Donna was talking about her love of maps, what an amazing coincidence!! I had already chosen a quote by William Shakespeare which made reference to a map! Hope you like it Donna.

I couldn't resist adding on the 'gate doors'...The map is a colour transparency from a map of Spain, which is where Donna and her partner travelled to earlier this year, (and where Donna collected the postcards from). I was lucky to find a stamp that was also from Spain and used my own rubber stamps to 'cancel' it.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Peta! What a superb job! you are an absolute marvel! Love it!!
    i was at Glenn Skein's exhibition opening today at Cleveland...was absolutely brilliant.
    saw Jen there too. what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt it amazing Peta...there are really NO coincidences..just little reminders that we are on the right path. lots of love, donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I think there is such a thing as intuitive knowing between friends.....thank you for your comments, it was a joy to do this card.
    I can only think that Glenn's exhibition would be fantastic! maybe I can find it somewhere on line...
    love, Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous work Peta. I love the see through map like veins on the skin! You will love Glen Skein's work in his exhibition, he's right into collage at the moment. Good to see you there too Donna.. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the gate doors....and the transparent map over the figure.... great altered page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jen and Helen for your comments....I have found that I certainly love to 'extend' on the already existing page/s of our books whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete