Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Round Four!!!

Welcome to August! and round four........It's time to send your books off again......I know that it probably seems like only yesterday that you were doing this, saying goodbye to your round two book and welcoming your round three book......
I'ts been a busy month for everyone! and for some, (our travellers), there have been many new sights, tastes, smells, sounds and things to touch........the ABC welcomes you back to the fold and awaits to see how your new experiences are played out in your creativity in general and within this collaboration!
How are you all coping with the pace of one book per month? Has anyone experienced 'artists block'? And how have you 'unblocked'? Has anyone branched out from their usual technique or medium, comfort zone? And if so what did you try and was the result what you wanted? Has anyone experienced any 'happy accidents'? I invite any of you to share your thoughts and answers to the above questions...........or any other thoughts, insights etc !!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone,
    i am enjoying the pace of the monthly turnaround. it is very exciting receiving a new book and satisfying when i send one off.
    i am becoming more aware of my creative process each time.
    sometimes i have a very clear sight of what i am going to do, other times i am totally stumped. i see that i am happiest with the result when it is simple. Yet, i love the challenge and the trying of new things too, and feel this helps in other areas of my practice. I love seeing what the artists before me have done. i am looking fwd to diving into Peta's book sitting here beside me...
    Thankyou for asking Peta.
    All the best to everyone, donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, thanks for feeding back your experiences and learnings.......you have a fantastic ability to reflect and evaluate your arts practice! I greatly admire your work and value your contributions to this blog and my own growth as an artist.....also, thanks for your text today re receiving 'cabinets' I'm looking forward to your interpretation of my theme. Enjoy, Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I haven't had an opportunity to have book block! I am sooo eager to get back into the process and push myself further to explore more than I have up until now. I've just ordered what I hope are some inspirational books to help with this. Although looking at the photo's of what everyone has done in their current books is making me jittery and excited. Tamara

    ReplyDelete