Thursday, August 13, 2009

My contributions to "Out Of My Studio" and "Optimism"

Hi Everyone! It's great to be home again - we had a great time in North America...took way too many photos (can you really ever take too many???) ate too much, saw so many incredible things that I think I'm still suffering visual overload!

The morning we left, I put the finishing touches to Kristen and Nanette's books, quickly scanned them, packed them up and threw our suitcase in the car! Now that I'm home and looking at the scans I wish I'd taken a little longer and photographed them a little more carefully...but these are the images I have, and they're better than nothing!




The theme for Kristin's page was "Music". There was some blue card, some painted watercolour paper, half a book cover, and a piece of silk paper (if I remember correctly...it was weeks and weeks ago now!) in my little parcel. Julie Andrews just begged to be torn off the cover of the old Sound of Music book that's been sitting on my shelf for ages. Lots of hearts...I love music! and a CD of music off my i pod...my boys inspected it and pointed out "there's a lot of Country on there, Mum..." I hope that doesn't make Kristin's ears clap together behind her head!! (In my own defence...it's not the twangy my-baby-left-me-and-the-train-ran-over-my-dog kind of country...it's good!)

Nanette's "Optimism" finally gave me a place to use a background I'd done months ago, which just didn't work the way I wanted at the time...It was the perfect base for my optimistic ponderings!

Had lots of fun with both of these, and hope both Kristen and Nanette enjoy them, too!

4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Tracey. Very Alive - Well Done, you do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna! They were great fun...I'm loving this collaboration - I feel very free to try anything and enjoy myself - very liberating! Such a supportive and encouraging (not to mention talented!) group is a delight and inspiration to be a part of!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey your creative ideas are wonderful! I love the spread with the sound of music and what a lovely idea to include a CD.
    It certainly is a delight to have such a great bunch of artists to work with, I love being able to try out new techniques and design ideas, the collaboration really lets my imagination run wild!

    ReplyDelete