Friday, August 7, 2009

Kristens book - Helen's entry August 09


Kristen's book asks us to select a page with a lucky dip, which gives us some things from her studio to incorporate onto our pages, and we get a theme. My materials were the patterned interiors of business envellopes...and my theme was pattern. So I cut up the papers, and other patterned papers from my studio, and constructed an image based on these patterns. Then I worked over the surface with acrylic transparent paint, and gold paint, and red boot polish.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Helen this looks so rich, love your use of red boot polish!! I'll have to give this a try sometime! Thanks for completing your pages so quickly again and posting up the photos, it's a good idea to show the before and after. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen!

    I love the rich earth tones plus the weaved texture. Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,
    Thats a new idea... red boot polish. It amazes me what others come up with a its an inspiration being involved with such a diverse group of artists. Well done on your pages. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks...I have used boot polishes to give a glazed effect since working with Penny Carey Wells from Hobart introduced me to that some years ago...there are many colours out there.

    ReplyDelete