Friday, July 31, 2009

Between the Lines No. 1 - Frozen Moments


Hi Collaborators, this is the artists book that I sent into the Artisan Bookshops exhibition....the materials used are, wallpaper - fused togther with: photocopied, tea stained and gelatine printed letters, I then used my sewing machine to stitch through the fused circles. I used the photocopy transfer technique using oil of wintergreen, as described in an earlier blog. The pages are contained in a glass Petri dish.

How are you all travelling along? Speaking of travelling, I believe that both Jen and Tracey will be back in Oz soon! I hope they will each share something of their travels within Canada and the USA with us....we are a well travelled lot as Kristin is also heading off to NYC next week, enjoy your experience Kristin! Also Shelly will be travelling from the UK to Oz later this month, I am looking forward to catching up with Shelly sometime in November and hearing all about her adventures travelling through WA, Darwin, Mackay then finally to Rocky.

I hope this post finds you all in good health and ready for your next book! Recently I had the luck of viewing four of our books, all very impressive!!! such creativity and wonderful techniques.....I'm looking forward to seeing some more photos up here on the blog of each of the books as you complete your double page spreads!

Stay well, happy and creative!
love, Peta
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. hi Peta, thanbkyou for posting this. it looks amazing, would love to investigate it further, i guess that is the allure of artists books. They are usually so tactile...mmm love to touch...:)
    a photo just doesnt do it the justice it deserves. do you have work in the scu book exhibition in august in alstoneville? i would love to go to the opening. much love, donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, I agree, artists books invite the viewer to use their sensory system in a big way, I love the excitement of the exploration, and being able to stop and just savour the moment as well as discovering wonder, surprise, shock etc
    Yes I do have a book in the scu exhibition! if you do go to the opening I would love to hear all about it and about the artists books presented. I beleive there are 59 books on show! love Peta PS sorry about the image I think it must have been a big file and blogger wasn't able to manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see this in person Peta. I love it. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen!! you could see it in Melbourne if you're going down in the next few weeks! I have another in the series in the SCU aquisitive award for artists books, there are 59 artists books in total to see on display at Barratt Galleries in Alstoneville, NSW.

    ReplyDelete