Saturday, April 25, 2009

Journeys

My book is ready to head into the world on it's very own Journey! I've had such a lot of fun, pleasure and even some therapeutic closure as I've worked on this...

In spite of my best efforts, the inside pages are showing before the cover..I have tried, but can't move the little suckers (which frustrates me, cos I managed it on my own blog a couple of hours ago!) So...my spread began with me writing about my journey into loss...and then covering that writing with a nod to my sister-in-law...wearing her newly acquired wings (I'm certain they're gold and shimmery and she loves them); along with the things she loved most - her hubby, her kids, her garden and babies...she loved babies! The little luggage tag is about 'a moment in time'...we were powerfully reminded that all we have is this moment in time...none of us are guaranteed more than that.

The cover...which I learned a few things doing...mainly that if you have an idea, sufficient thought and persistence will usually pay off! The pages are all stitched onto painted satay sticks which are all then stitched/lashed together. I'm sure someone, somewhere had done this before...but I feel like I worked it out all by myself!
So, "Journeys" is in her box, ready to send to Donna on Monday.
Can't wait to see what shows up in my mailbox! And, looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to here...
Have fun!
Tracey.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey,

    'Journeys' sounds wonderful! It is indeed a beautiful looking book, which I imagine is very fitting as a part of it is a lovely rememberance of your sister in law.....you've done an amazing job Tracey, I am looking forward to receiving it when my turn comes around.
    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peta...you always say the lovliest things! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS truly wonderful. I have just had the remarkable opportunity for a sneak preview AND to claim my page. love donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed the fact that Tracey wrote in this blog that she was sending off to Donna...get a grip Peta, get a grip! sounds like a lucky slip up for you though Donna!!
    love Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't believe I got SO off kilter...what was I thinking??? I'll do my best to get it right in future! But, I guess Donna finding her very own street on one of the pages was kind of a lucky accident!
    Love Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was obviously meant to be Tracey!!
    Peta :-)

    ReplyDelete