Monday, October 5, 2009

A Face in the Crowd - Peta's page


"I'm swimming in a mud pool with crocodiles and rats. A million giant jelly-babies wearing funny hats...." When I read these lines in Lindesay's book they reminded me of my own dreams - this was the page that sparked my imagination. Lindesay had already made a visual reference to a well known John Brack painting, my imagination immediately put crocodile and rats heads onto more human like bodies, just 'faces in a crowd!' This was a fun book to work in, I admire Lindesay's clever writing skills.
Below are photos of Jen and JacQ's contributions.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Peta...once again, I am loving your work! Thanks for posting these pics...They're all great - I can't wait to see Lindesay's book in the flesh!I'm putting the finishing touches to your book right now...should have it off to Tamara by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawww...shucks Tracey, thanks for your positive comments.....congratulations go to you on your recent exhibition! Is it still showing? I would be most interested, as I think would other collaborators, in seeing some photos of your 'other work'....so, feel free to show us on this blog :-))
    Ohh...I may be able to have a sneak peak at my own book when it comes to Tamara, it will certainly be difficult to resist my curiosity and I know I'll be delighted with what everyone has done thus far, the standard of this collaboration is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Peta, a lovely combination of ideas and images. Thanks heaps for posting my page too, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few Brack references now in this project! Like the rats in overcoats ... nice work Peta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Helen, i've been an admirer of Brack for a while now and couldn't resist using this reference with the rats and crocs!

    ReplyDelete