Thursday, September 3, 2009

Travelling Cookbook




After taking a long time getting into this (What am I going to say about food?...I love it, I hate how much of it I have to cook, I get bored with the same stuff - not an adventurous soul in my family besides me, But I love eating!!!) I finally tore enough images out of my accumulation of magazines to find a path...There's the food I know I should eat and cook for the crew...then there's what I (and the rest of them) enjoy to eat!
I added my Grandmothers chocolate fudge recipe...and neglected to make a mention anywhere that it's the boys favourite treat, and it's consumption on State of Origin nights is tradition in our house!! And the "I'm Home, I'm hungry!" headline...is something I have actually heard on more than one occasion!

5 comments:

  1. Yum, yum Tracey, your double page spread looks mouthwatering.....I'm looking forward to trying out the recipe for the fudge!!
    It was really lovely to catch up with you the other night, I do hope your little book of bras makes the impression it has been so lovingly made to make, you are such a generous and loving soul and that really shines through in all the art you create. love peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me chew my bottom lip, and mutter "Aaww Shucks..."! Thankyou! You are so wonderfully encouraging! I enjoyed our chat the other night too....I'll let you know how the Bra Book is received! And let me know when you're makinf fudge...there's a knack to the beating part - you can need to beat it for a long time...and the success is all in that beating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your work Tracey. so true, the distinction between what we naturally reach for and what we should eat. Well Done, donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind is swirling with recipes! I'm looking foward to working on this book which is on its way to me as I post this. Well done Tracey you've given me food for thought. Mind the pun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm home I'm hungry...sounds like a recipe book title in the making. The busy creative womans guide to quick sensational food! Nice work Tracey

    ReplyDelete