Friday, May 14, 2010

Out of my Studio

I loved combining Kristin's surprise packet of interesting studio ephemera along with bits and pieces from my own studio. My theme was Magical Realism. At first I had no idea what I would do! I dragged out some photos and scraps and some half done works that I scored from a dollar table when I was at the Ballarat Fibre Forum over Easter. I cut away some areas from one of the pieces and slid a photo of two of my daughters swimming in a pool, the 'ships' found their own place and the piece of woven material worked as a ladder. The toadstools are a combination of actual photos and painted paper with my legs as stalks. I used water soluable oil pastels to tie the whole piece together.

Above is one half of JacQ's double page spread, it's title is 'Cuba'. Love the use of colour JacQ!

My 'sign in' page in Kristin's book.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Are you on drugs Peta? Only kidding! I love the mushies, the layering and all the colour combinations. Beautiful work, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little light headed when I did this double page spread Jen! I think it may have helped with the 'magical' bit!

    ReplyDelete