Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fractured Faerytales

Tamara's Fractured Faery Tales arrived with one last page left needing attention. This delightful little book already contained cows jumping over the moon, Jack and his beanstalk, Goldilocks, Snow White, a Princess in bed with shoes - not peas! and lots more. BUT no Cinderella! Lucky me...not only did I get to write a very unique wedding invitation for the fold out of this page (which included the promise that the wicked stepmother and ugly step-sisters would be tied up in the dungeon for the duration of the festivities!) but...

I also got to write "and they all lived happily ever after."

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey! Your pages are absolutely cool!! I've already viewed them in the flesh...Tamara was very excited to receive her book back....the fact you used a shoe is very apt for Tamara as she loves them!! and she has quite a large collection of high healed shoes which she wears with her beautiful collection of skirts.....well done Tracey!
    Hopefully it will not be long before your beautiful 'Journey's' book returns to you after it's exciting adventure of travel around the country and overseas!
    love Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a romantic and apt end to the fairytales book Tracey! Really lovely!! I have your Journeys book but dont know whether i will have pages finished in time for the first showing :)...love donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Donna...I'm happy knowing Journeys is in safe hands!It will get here when the time is right!

    Fancy Tamara having a shoe 'thing'! I love shoes too...but tend to go for the funky flats instead of the high heels!

    I have to confess to getting a ridiculous kick out of being able to add the "and thay all lived happily ever after"! I had been thinking Cinderalla throughout the entire time for my bit in this little book, but felt certain someone else would have done that by the time it came to me...I was stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your irreverent and fun ideas Tracey. Its a totally different experience to do the last page... how appropriate they live 'happily ever after'. Jen

    ReplyDelete