Tuesday, February 2, 2010

While You Were Sleeping...


Once again...I had fun! Once I figured out what path to take - all I could think about was how well my husband sleeps, and how frustrated I get with him when I am having those nights where I dream so much rubbish I can't stand it! Our breakfast table is often the scene of re-told dreams...and my family never cease to shake their heads at the crazy rot my subconscious dishes up! (The organ grinders monkey with the little red felt hat and semi automatic machine gun in the lush gardens of a tropical resort is the stuff of family legend!!)



So, this is a nod to my tormented sub conscious...and my soundly sleeping hubby - look at where I've been while you slept the "sleep of the just"!


7 comments:

  1. These pages are absolutely facinating Tracey, Isn't amazing how quirky dreams can be! I could see the textures on your pages, my hand automatically reached out and tried to feel them on my computer screen!! how did you create such wonderful, yummy and many layered textures?? Will you please share some of your 'secrets' with us?! I also love the colours and that archway image...all beautiful! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination you have created Tracey, both the words and visuals tell a wonderful story, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages! Dreams are so crazy! Well thought out and i agree wonderful textures..Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls...for your lovely encouragement and appreciation!
    As for the 'layers'...just 4 layers of acrylic paint over a while gesso base -which I left a bit of brush mark in-(Silver Lumiere, Cranberry Lumiere, a Golden paint - a rich red colour whose name escapes me! And for the dark edge, a little Paynes Grey) - a little torn sheet music under the darker colours. I painted the paint on with a brush and then sponged at the damp paint. Rubber stamps with timber brown and gold inks stamped over the paint...That's about it. Similar treatment for the archway, which I've had hanging around for years, and finally found a home!
    It really was fun to share all those crazy dreams with someone other than my long suffering family...who, incidentally think I'm a nutter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would of loved to see a drawing of..."The organ grinders monkey with the little red felt hat and semi automatic machine gun in the lush gardens of a tropical resort" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna!! That was a doozey of a dream!! And a very mean little monkey!!! There were lions sneaking between my feet as I opened a wire gate into our cattle, and one of my boys was tormenting that monkey...probably why he whipped out his weapon and started shooting!!! I wouldn't mind a week by the pool in that tropical garden though...minus the monkey. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another fellow dreamer! Your dreams sound perfectly reasonable to me... These pages look just wonderful....luscious colour and imagery.

    ReplyDelete